Actual 2022 Percentages:
- SBC Mission and Ministries 50%
- Alabama Baptist Missions and Ministries 50%
Your church’s gifts through the Cooperative Program are distributed according to this formula as approved by the messengers at the Alabama Baptist Convention.
For a detailed accounting of where your church’s 2021 gifts were put to work, email Lori Lockett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a copy of the Cooperative Program Budget, call Lori Lockett at 334-613-2283 or email email@example.com.
Giving from Alabama Baptists in 2021:
- Cooperative Program Receipts: $38,959,099.62
- Myers-Mallory Receipts: $1,525,380.65
- Total Receipts: $64,688,564.77
2021 Gifts were distributed as follows:
- Cooperative Program (CP) allocation to the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC): $19,479,549.81
- Cooperative Program (CP) allocation to the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions (ALSBOM): $19,479,549.81
- Total gifts to the SBC: $38,760,999.27 (CP + Designated Gifts)
- Total gifts to ALSBOM: $25,927,565.50 (CP + Designated Gifts + other giving through SBOM)
- Total gifts to the International Mission Board: $22,433,760.88 (CP + Lottie Moon + Designated Gifts)
- Total gifts to the North American Mission Board (NAMB): $11,095,403.61 (CP + Annie Armstrong + Designated Gifts)
- Total gifts to World Hunger: $361,276.62
Cooperative Program Giving Highlights:
We are grateful to God for the faithfulness of Alabama Baptists in their missions giving. This has been the case since 1925, which marked the beginning of the Cooperative Program (CP). For almost a century, Alabama Baptists have given systematically and faithfully through the CP toward fulfilling the Great Commission. In that span, Alabama Baptists have collectively given over $1.5 BILLION toward fulfilling the Great Commission. Praise the LORD!
As in years past, the amount of CP money given was divided equally (50/50) between the SBC and the Alabama Baptist Convention. We have continued to hold to the idea that we have one mission – the Great Commission, one program – the Cooperative Program, and many ministries – Great Commission Ministries. This strategy is evident in our giving numbers, which reveals our passion for supporting missions globally and locally.
Portion of CP
Alabama Baptist churches gave a total of $64,688,564.77 through the State Board of Missions (SBOM) in 2021. Of that amount $38,760,999.27 was forwarded to the SBC. The IMB received over $22 million in missions giving and NAMB received over $11 million! Once again, Alabama Baptists have set the pace in the SBC for missions giving, as we led all state conventions in CP giving.
For 2022, the CP percentage begin forwarded from Alabama to the SBC will continue to be a true 50/50 split of our $37,000,000 budget for the year.
While we are not the largest state convention in terms of the number of people, Alabama Baptists have continued to make missions giving a priority. We pray for God’s continued blessings on the Kingdom work being done throughout Alabama and the world through our cooperation and partnerships with Alabama Baptists and the greater Southern Baptist Convention.